Check me out!

Hey guys! Thanks for checking out my page and following my journey. It's been an insane ride so far, but it has only just begun! Writing a blog and keeping my friends and family updated on my status is important to me, so here we go...

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Come Thursday Morning (a poem)

As I lay me down to sleep
I pray that all my friends You'll keep
Safe from harm and intrusive thoughts
Let them rest and find them peace

Calm them with Your words I pray
My family, too, in Your arms they sway
To give them comfort, guidance and love,
To understand Your way

This journey I am on has more questions than not
But neither fear nor uncertainty has this chapter taught
Rather tranquilty and assurance have You lead me to
For should I pass on, a life You will give me anew

Streets of gold and pearly gates
Are a promise from You that You will surly make
But who knows what the future will bring
No matter the outcome
Death has lost its sting

I pray to You, Lord, if this shall be my time
Please comfort my friends and family
Those I call mine in this time
For it is with them where my worry lies
Because with You I would be an angel, I would fly

My loved ones may not understand Your design
And if I am honest, neither do I
But in You I will continue to trust
For it is Your plan for me, for them, for us.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment